Thank you for visiting Equippers City Church. We are excited about the possibility of forming a covenant and life-changing relationship with you.
Did you know that God has called you out to be a king and priest in the earth and has already given you the tools for success? Have you come to the realization that you are part of a multi-ethnic generation of transformers? Do you realize that God chose you before He laid the foundations of the earth for such a time as this?
Equippers City Church has a mandate to equip you to do all that God has called you to do. The entire creation is waiting for your arising, and every attempt to impede you will be neutralized by the Spirit of the Lord. This means that your purpose and destiny in God is not hindered by life’s circumstances or setbacks.
We have been looking for you, waiting for you, and preparing for you; so step into your destiny and let us “Equip U for Life.”
Our Focus is on:
- Creating a desire for the milk of the Word (1Peter 2:12) with a goal of spiritual maturity and a growing desire for understanding the scriptures (Hebrews 5:14).
- Developing believers of Christ-like competence and values.
- The Apostles’ Doctrine as presented in the church epistles in the Bible, which provides the foundation of our belief systems.
Our local church and related ministries carry a mandate for:
- Reformation (Acts 3:21)
- Restoration (Isaiah 58:12)
- Transformation (Romans 12:2)
Because God promised that we have been given all things that pertain to life and godliness, we have determined to live in the superlative realms of life (more than a conqueror, I can do all things through Christ, etc.). Therefore, we value and pursue God’s ultimate outcome for His saints as stated in I Peter 2:9: to be a royal priesthood that is able to reign in every sphere of culture and society.
What We Do:
We Build Leaders: We know how to unlock the strength that lies dormant in a believer and equip him/her to lead. We help believers see that they are only limited by the grace that Christ has given them. Therefore, we all have the potential to lead in whatever capacity God has gifted us.
We Build Mature Believers: We develop believers to a place of maturity and produce those who have the ability to view life with a Kingdom perspective. They learn to approach life’s circumstances with the mind of Christ. Then they can utilize every spiritual blessing that was won by His death and resurrection. The outcome is that they are no longer tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine but are able to discern the times and seasons and co-labor with Christ.
We Build Healthy Relationships: As a ministry, we have the grace to teach a man and a woman how to relate to one another as husband and wife and demonstrate to the world the mystery of One Flesh. We help married couples to practically walk as one.
We teach parents (single and married) how to properly steward their children and raise up a generation that can continue in the legacy that was established by their parents.
The unmarried are taught to conduct their lives in honor to God while they are single. They are encouraged to be a lighthouse for other unmarried believers and develop themselves spiritually as they wait for a godly mate. We help our seasoned seniors to live a more active and fulfilling life with special support, activities and encouragement.
Ephesians 4:11-12 communicates what our ultimate assignment is all about—bringing the people of God to a place of maturity.
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting (maturing, equipping) of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.
What We Believe
- THE SCRIPTURES ARE GOD-INSPIRED. We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God equally in all parts and without error in its original manuscript and it is therefore our infallible rule of faith and practice (II Timothy 3:16-17).
- THE ONE TRUE GODHEAD. We believe in one God and one Godhead. We believe that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit make up the Godhead and that the Father is the head of the Son (I Corinthians 11:3) and that the Son is head of the church (Ephesians 5:23; Colossians 1:18), and the Holy Spirit is in us and with us (John 14:17).
- THE PERSON OF JESUS CHRIST. We believe in the pre-existence, incarnation and virgin birth of Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:23). We believe in Jesus Christ’s sinless life, miracles, death, bodily resurrection and His ascension into Heaven, and acknowledge His Lordship (Philippians 2:9-10).
- MAN, HIS FALL AND REDEMPTION. We believe that man was created by a direct and immediate act of God (Genesis 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) but by transgression fell from a state of righteousness and holiness in which he was first created, into total spiritual depravity, a state of death in trespasses and sins (Romans 5:12-21; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4). On the cross Jesus Christ became sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God through Him (2 Corinthians 5:21). So, we are saved by grace through faith and not as a result of our own works or efforts but salvation is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- BAPTISM IN WATER. We believe that water baptism is an essential and necessary part of the “doctrine of baptisms” (Hebrews 6:2), performed only upon repentant believers in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ (which we believe to be the fulfillment of the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and for the remission of sin. (Acts 2:38) This act is to be done by immersion.
- THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:5, 2:4, 10:46, 19:61; that it is the seal of the New Covenant relationship (Ephesians 1:13, 4:30; II Corinthians 1:22) and speaking in other tongues is the accompanying sign of receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit (Mark 16:17). The real evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit is one’s response to the Word of God (John 16:13), a Christ-like life, manifesting the fruit of the Holy Spirit (John 15:26, 16:14; Galatians 5:22-23).
- THE LAYING ON OF HANDS. We believe in the doctrine of the laying on of hands for: a) the confirming of believers in the faith. (Acts 14:22); b)the confirmation of one’s call by the laying on of hands with prophecy (Acts 13:1,3); c) the impartation of the spiritual gifts when accompanied by prophecy and the laying on of hands (I Timothy 4:14; II Timothy 1:6); d) the ordination and official recognition and setting apart of ministry; e) the impartation of the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 8:17-18); f) the ministry of healing the sick (Mark 16:16); g) the blessing and dedication (setting apart) of children (Mark 10:16).
- WORSHIP. We believe in the practice of worship with one’s total being as set forth in the Word of God (Acts 24:14; Ephesians 5:18-19; Psalm 150).
- THE EQUIPPING OF THE SAINTS. We believe in the five-fold ministries given to the church at the ascension of Jesus Christ and that they continue to be needed today. These are the ministries of the Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers to equip the saints for the work of the ministry. Working with these ministries will be appointed leadership consisting of elders, deacons, deaconesses, missionaries and other gifted persons of the church (Ephesians 4:11-12; Titus 1:5-9; 1Timothy 3:1-7, 8-13; Philippians 1:1).
- DIVINE HEALING. We believe in divine healing for the whole man. Healing was obtained through the atonement in Christ’s sacrificial death (I Peter 2:24-25; Isaiah 53:4-5). We believe in healing as practiced by the early church (Acts 4:30, 19:11; Romans 8:11; I Corinthians 12:9; James 5:14).